The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Book vs. Film) Review
I got to read the book for the 3rd time just after the New Year and had the opportunity to watch the 2011 movie 4 minutes ago.
When I first heard that they were doing another adaptation of the book, I thought that it was very dense and wondered as to how they were gonna pack everything in the silver screen. However, I have to say that they did an amazing production of boiling it down without losing the essence of what the book was all about.
There are two things that I wish they included in the movie though. In the book Mikael is very resistant to take the assignment from Vanger but in the movie, Mikael jumps right on board as quickly.
Another point in the book is that they cut out the fact that he was romantically involved with his business associate which is a major part in the book.
Overall, I say 86 popcorns!
The cast was right on the spot just as I imagined them while reading. The only minor exception is Lisbeth. In the book she is even smaller that Noomi Rapace. That said, Rapace as a newcomer, was brilliant.
- Book Review: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (donthesitateandgo.wordpress.com)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (margaretperrymovies.wordpress.com)
- The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo (2011) (filmoanalysis.wordpress.com)
- See Rooney Mara Channel Lisbeth Salander in Paris! (fabsugar.com)
- The Boy Who Finished The ‘Dragon Tattoo’ Book (pinkisthenewblog.com)